Monday, December 26, 2011

元祖中華つけ麺大王 - Ganso, Jiyugaoka


坦々麺 - Tantanmen, ¥850

   Being a lazy blogger, I tend not to find myself too far away from home in the search for ramen, (and recently I've been trying to revisit some of my favourite places) but on this particular day it was out to fashionable Jiyugaoka for a visit to Ganso on a recommendation.
   The shop seems pretty popular with the locals and there was a pretty good turnover of customers squeezing behind us while we were seated at the counter. And it definitely gives off the impression that ramen is essentially the people's food. There weren't any gimmicks or unusual ingredients to bring the punters in.
  Despite the fact that the shio ramen was allocated an entire page of the menu, I went with the single-lined tantanmen.


    A pretty nice bowl with a lot of sesame and the ground beef blends in well with the soup. It's difficult for me to have a tantanmen without comparing it to the amazing Toutenka which would probably be my default ramen store. But it was a good choice. Since my body was pleading with me not to eat ramen at all this particular afternoon I played it conservatively...


   Did I mention they also have freshly made gyoza?


   Jiyugaoka isn't exactly known for it's ramen but if you find yourself in the area...



Google Maps

No comments:

Post a Comment