Tuesday, June 7, 2011

馬賊手打拉麺 - Bazoku, Nippori


坦々つけ麺 - Tantan Tsukemen, ¥800

  I don't know whether this is a Nippori institution or whether it's just close to the station, but either way Bazoku is probably the most well-known ramen shop in Nippori. There are often people wandering by who stop and look at the noodles being made on a pretty regular basis in the shop-front window. That said, it's just us much fun inside with the constant thud of the noodles smashing into the counter. These ones were making themselves....


    I went for the tantan tsukemen since it's been warming up a little recently and wanted an oolong hai too, but apparently it's not on the menu anymore.


    Not sure whether the regular procedure includes staff asking 2 or 3 other customers if it's their order, but that's what happened to my soup as it seemingly had a whole tour of the store before coming to it's rightful owner.


    That's right. Just the soup... I should have used this.


    The noodles got there eventually.



   The soup had a really strong sesame flavour. Also, it had an initial spiciness that remained throughout however, like most spicy foods, it didn't intensify the further I went on. The noodles were soft but fairly chew and seemed incredibly fresh. These are what keeps the turnover high, I guess. However, they are probably the longest noodles I've encountered - transferring them to my soup was quite a task. 




No comments:

Post a Comment